Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Picklist: September 10, 2008


  • Booster Gold 12
    Oh, come on. Of course I'm going to be reading this. Booster Gold is one of my top three favorite comics out right now. And I'm only saying top three, as opposed to number one, because I'm too lazy to think through all the titles I'm reading to see if there's something I like more. Screw Trinity; they should make this a weekly.

  • Dark Tower Treachery 1
    Another Dark Tower mini! Yay, Roland! I hadn't heard this was coming down the pipes, but I'm psyched to see it.

  • Ex Machina 38
    I like this title. It's not my usual thing, really. I mean, I'm not even sure what world it's taking place in. It's not the Wildstorm world, because that got Blowed Up. And Mitch Hundred managed to prevent one of the Twin Towers from coming down on 9/11, so... I kind of hope they never drag this into the DCU's Multiverse.

  • Final Crisis Revelations 2
    The sad thing is, there are so many bloody Final Crisis titles that I couldn't even remember which one this was. I had to go and look at FC:R 1 to see. That was the one where Dr. Light, rapist and general scumbag, got crisped by Crispus. Burn on him. Heh. Again, I'm not sure where the line is between the DCU and Vertigo anymore. This is some dark and violent stuff. When we left off last issue, the Spectre was about to take vengeance on Renee Montoya, aka The Question. Crispus couldn't stop the Spectre from whacking his own son, so will he be able to save Renee? Inquiring minds want to know, so I'm going to give this another try.

  • Green Arrow Black Canary 12
    This title is kind of blah. I'm pretty much reading it as a matter of habit at this point. I'm honestly not sure why I'm bothering.

  • Trinity 15
    More Trinity, please. Honestly, I haven't been enjoying the backup stories so much, but this book is still going strong. It's way better than last year's horrible Countdown.

  • Wonder Woman 24
    What I said about the Green Arrow Black Canary book? Ditto.

No comments: