Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh, no! Not another comics blog!

I have so many comics blogs in my RSS reader, it's ridiculous. Granted, some of them are defunct, and I haven't gotten around to deleting them (and there's always a chance that some of them will come back), but still, it's a lot.

I'm not a real collector. I sort of was when I was a kid. When I moved to Israel back in 1987, I sold off my 2000 or so comics in one big lump. All I kept was Crisis on Infinite Earths (we cling to our traumas), and the World of Krypton miniseries. And Superman 222, which was the first comic I ever owned.

After the triple thread of my two favorite characters being killed off in CoIE and the horrible Byrne reboot of Superman in Man of Steel, I honestly lost interest.

While I was living in Israel, I actually did subscribe to a few books, and had them shipped in by Mile High. The Vertigo Swamp Thing was one of these. But eventually, I couldn't afford it.

It wasn't until Identity Crisis a few years back that I started reading comics again. And now... well, they say that admitting you have a problem is the first step to doing something about it. But I'm actually okay with this problem.

I've started blogs before, but they always seem to get neglected. I was wondering whether I'd be able to keep up if I had something that demanded my attention on a weekly basis, like comics. So... starting this week, you'll get to read my opinions about comics. Yay, you.

No comments: